Artistic Aerobatics

JOddino JOddino at socal.rr.com
Sat Jan 24 09:43:22 AKST 2004

I haven't been following this thread so I'm not sure what point anyone is
trying to make.  I have to admit that the Alliance shows great promise
compared to the 78 inch PW Extra when it comes to precision flying, but then
again the Extra isn't really competitive in IMAC either.  I will also add
that the Alliance is fragile by comparison much like the F1 is compared to
NASCAR.  It also takes more engineering to get it going and to keep it
going.  The Extra is relatively trouble free.  Gas it up and fly.  The best
part is if you bend it you can have another one going very quickly and at
relatively low cost.
Right now there seems to be more interest in IMAC (SCAT around here) and I
believe it is due to the availability of planes in any state of assembly one
could want.  But if you want a smooth flying aerobatic plane you probably
can't beat the latest designs in pattern planes.  Can't wait to see Tony's
electric fly.
Jim