Intermediate Class

Jeff Hughes jhughes at hsonline.net
Sat Jan 24 06:32:22 AKST 2004

Actually it was voted on and approved by the masses. Let's not pick at
this scab again!

> Alan...
>     I won't forget YOU trouble maker you.
>     You have a valid point but from what I've heard some
Intermediate pilots liked and wanted it. Some didn't.

>           del
>                NSRCA - 473

Intermediate????
>   Has anyone asked a Sportsman pilot lately to point his plane
downward at a 45º down attitude, fly a straight line, DO A SNAP, fly
more of a straight line, and then pull to level flight?
>   IMHO, if you are putting that maneuver in Intermediate, you will
be scaring off many potential Intermediate flyers. I can only speak
for myself, but, when I was at that level, you could not have even
paid me to do that. I had trouble staying on the proper line doing a
sequence of "Immelman....Outside loop....Split S" (which was in the
sequence at that time).
>   I know that your decision on this does not affect what I will be
flying, BUT,  it is something I believe in passionately. I have been a
member of the Canadian Precision Aerobatics Committee for a few years
and this type of scenario keeps coming up. I think that most of us
making decisions on these matters have NOT flown in Intermediate for
several years and we have forgotten what it was like to step up to
that level.
>   PLEASE, go out, yourselves, and talk to Sportsman flyers about
this......Maybe even see if they will try to fly the proposed sequence
(or just this maneuver).

>   Thanks to the supporters of this list for creating a media where
someone (like me) can send out an opinion (like I just did) and none
of you will be seeing me until next summer when you will have
forgotten all about this ( I hope).......RUNNING FOR SHELTER.

>   Alan Hewson
>   Thornton, Ontario, Canada

were dropped from the original proposal.  I hope it passes the Board.
BTW: Anybody know when the vote is to be?  I'm having one of  Ron's
senior Moments<G>  Bill Glaze

>     imarcnut at sbcglobal.net wrote:
>
>       Last year I heard a rumor that the Intermediate class would be
adding 2 more maneuvers at the end of the program this up coming
year.  The immelman turn followed by a 45 deg down line with a
positive snap on center.

--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com