Artistic Aerobatics

Patternrules at aol.com Patternrules at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 10:24:59 AKST 2004

 All have made good comments on this subject but pattern will never be for
the masses, pattern contest will never be for the spectator. I like the AA as a
side show. I really enjoyed the AA at the Nat's 2 years ago, and think that it
was a good way to kill some time while finals was being tabulated, just wish
more had participated.
 Our club has air shows every year, Jeff Hughes and I do pattern demos, and
the comments are always the same how smooth and graceful we fly, (hey 2 words
in the judging guide) even though we are not the top fliers in the nation,
people recognize what we're doing, but would they ever watch 6 rounds of 8 people
performing the same schedules NO.
 So let's not try to make pattern something it isn't, you'll never see
pattern on ESPN, we'll never get people to pay to watch pattern, pattern will never
be held in an arena with 70,000 watching, so do demos at air shows both
pattern and AA.

Steve Maxwell