HOW

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Fri Jan 23 09:35:38 AKST 2004

I've been using a new digital movie Sony Handycam camcorder.  It appears
to have lithium batteries.  (Well, that's what they say, anyhow.)
Compared to the older NiCds, the stored energy is truly fantastic.  The
size battery that used to run a mini-cam for, at the most, 1/2 hour now
cheerfully runs it for 2 hrs plus.  A large size/capacity battery will
give me 6 hours service, instead of the (maybe) 2 hours previously.
 From what Eric says, switching to this same type of batteries in Tx and
Rx just make charging unnecessary at the field.  (Not that field
charging particularly bothers me.)
Might try some of them myself.  Just how picky are they about field
charging if it should become necessary?  Say, Tx got left on in
impound?  Or, airplane didn't get turned off after a flight?  I've had
both happen on occasion.  (My Bad)
Comments?

Bill Glaze