Formosa batteries

Don McCullough donald_mccullough at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:59:13 AKST 2004

I have been flying a Formosa. Using a Razor 400 and 3s LiPo (eTech
1200), Triton charger, stock GWS C gearbox and 11-7 prop it flies with
the same authority as a typical 2M pattern job. Only real problem was a
bit of reverse roll with rudder - was able to mix out most of the
affect. Careful when matching the fuse halves, make sure they are
straight.

My only changes, other than power, was to mount the servos in the tail,
use dual aileron servos, and add a thin CF strip to the top of the wing.
The small Cirrus 5.4 servos have plenty of power and my Castle Creations
Phoenix 25 works well with that combination. Skip any paint to keep it
light. Mine came out at 15oz.

I am using it to fly the Masters sequence, and in calm air it is very
similar to my 2M planes. As a real plus, I can fly it in my back yard,
saving me an hour going to the field. I can easily fly two patterns on a
single charge.

Don McCullough