Formosa batteries

fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Mon Jan 19 15:05:03 AKST 2004

Steve,
A few guys are flying them here with a brushless motor and lipoly
batteries.  They are pretty amazing for a backyard flyer.  A good reletivly
cheap replacement brushless motor for the Formosa is a Himax 2015-4100
mounted in a GWS D gearbox. Set it up with an 11x7 GWS SF prop or a 12x6
and the plane will have unlimited vertical.  I have been running this motor
/prop on E-tec 1200 3 cell Lipoly batteries for a while and it is a
screamer.  I have the motor mounted on some depron park fliers weighing in
at 11-14 oz and with the Himax motor I have 2 to 1 thrust and get about 15
to 20 min flights depending on how much full throttle.  If you have any
question let me know.

Michael
NSRCA 3618