What engine mount for a Focus?

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Wed Jan 14 11:32:57 AKST 2004

YS140FX ??

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-request at nsrca.org
[mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]On Behalf Of John Ferrell
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 3:33 PM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: Re: What engine mount for a Focus?

I have the expensive Hyde mount in mine. It works fine, but for those $$$ it
should.
Bill Glaze has a Dave Brown fiber glass mount in his ($5?). His shakes a
little more, it uses a little more battery per flight. Since both of us are
wearing hearing aids, I won't comment on the noise. Both are using YS140FX
engines.

I feel the Hyde mounts are very beneficial to servo life. I just wish Merl
was not so proud of them!

BTW, those Great Planes adjustable mounts are very heavy!

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283
Phone: (336)685-9606