Sideways engine?

Del K. Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jan 14 07:19:38 AKST 2004

Well I will bite to only suggest that the mean center line of the CG is what would have the most significant reference for snaps and engine mass if located same distance from CG and same off set of midline then how can orientation of a reciprocating moving mass have any differing effect on the stalled snap of the aircraft as we can stop the snap in any attitude we choose to with the same results only difference I've ever noticed is timing.  It may be so subtle that it is hard to detect but I do fly my aircraft very neutral and suspect it would be most noticeable in that trim state.
    What do others think..  I am only a poor armchair aerodynamics wishful thinker.

          del
               NSRCA - 473