Pattern Primer

Dan Curtis warrior523 at mchsi.com
Thu Jan 8 20:23:09 AKST 2004

The past couple of years my local club has hosted an introduction to pattern contest and it was just approved for addition to this years schedule of events.  In the past it was mainly for club members to get a taste of precision flying but for 2004 we have decided to open it up for all persons interested in trying precision aerobatics in the area.  It will be at the Springfield RC Club field in Springfield, MO.  So anyone that has never flown in an AMA sactioned pattern contest or has never placed in the top three in Sportsman will be elegible.  It will be a one day event with an emphasis on learning and fun.  Judging and scoring will be provided and some small awards will be presented.  The Sportsman schedule will be flown.

The event is scheduled for July 17, 2004 and I will be sending some informational flyers to clubs in the Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma area.  If you qualify for this prestigious event make your plans now, if you know someone that might be interested please let them know about it.  If you would like some flyers sent to your local club let me know and I will get them to you as soon as they are available.

I realize that this event is a few months away but I want to give this one every chance to be promoted properly and to be a success.

Thanks

Dan Curtis