Motor Mounts

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 05:59:56 AKST 2004

As long as you use aircraft ply, 1/8" thick is plenty thick enough for even
large firewalls such as Giles for example. Use the Hyde type mount without fear
of firewall breakdown or excess flex. If you are really concerned, increase
to 3/16", but in my experience it isn't necessary. And a carbon reinforcement
is really overkill, but it doesn't hurt anything.

BTW, should you decide to reinforce with carbon cloth or mat, adding it to
the one side only will not help that much. Its far more effective to add it to
boh sides. FWIW

Matt K