receiver antenna placement

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 08:17:26 AKST 2004

The Prophecys & Hydeouts that were produced by Dixie Competition Products had only small inclusions of carbon fiber that were seldom where I wanted them.

I have no personal experience with carbon but what I have heard supports your experience. I have seen my share of "flukes" in the radio systems that defy explanation. Like the Y connector that causes servo jitter for no reason.

I have always been leery of metal to carbon contact in the fuselages but I have no experience there.

The wire antenna on our receivers does not appear to be resonant and the pull pull cables are about the same length. I don't think there is any interaction there.

If I string a wire from the canopy area to the rudder or stab I am certain I will trip over it less than 30 days.

You have to do what it takes to have confidence in the plane because nobody can fly one if they are expecting it to come apart!

John Ferrell
http://DixieNC.US