receiver antenna placement

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Wed Feb 25 06:31:22 AKST 2004

John

Those where fiberglass weren't they?   We are dealing with the c.f. composite planes causing RF interference.
This has been hashed over many times but It is still an issue as Gray and I have both experienced carbon fiber fuse RF issues on several different setups.  The plane I flew all of last year is c.f. but I had the antenna on the outside and it used kevlar pull line on the rudder and c.f. pushrod with MK bellcrank with no RF issues.  The previous plane (same design and c.f. lay-up) was setup with metal pull lines on elevator and rudder and I had a very bad glitching issue when I ran the antenna back to the tail and on the outside too. I had to run the antenna out to the wing tip to cure the issue.     It is my belief that the combination of wire pulls and running the antenna parallel to the wires and the c.f. fuse where suspect as I tried three different receivers to no avail.  I guess the only way to have determined if it was the wire pulls at fault is to have changed pull lines over to kevlar. It is debatable since I crashed the plane (it crashed because of a failed pull line go figure) before I could change the lines over.

 Wayne Galligan.