New Throttle - WAS - Tonight's Dumb Idea...

Bob lomcevak at tin.it
Sat Feb 21 05:57:53 AKST 2004

Hi Bob,

I saw the pictures of your servo arrangement.
My opinion is that such installation is not so good, because the servo is not connected to the engine DIRECTLY, but to the engine mount.
Being a fixed installation (not soft mounted), there is a relative motion among the engine (that wants to rotate) and the engine mount (that is secured firmly to the firewall). In this way you cannot say that the servo is connected to the engine.
I don't know if this way is safe or not, but of course it is WAY less safe and precise than the servo connected to a soft mounted engine.
I supposed that you was referring to an Hyde mounted engine. On your installation, my advices are not appliable.

Best Regards

Roberto Bracchi - Modelcompositi