Tonight's Dumb Idea...

JOddino JOddino at socal.rr.com
Thu Feb 19 09:19:18 AKST 2004

Earl,
I know what you mean about retirement.  Not only do I miss access to neat equipment, but also the people.  We had experts on everything you could think of at Hughes.  We had guys with PhDs who taught vibration courses at UCLA.  At one point we even had a bearing lab because bearings were so important in missile seeker heads.   I bent a lot of guys ears with model airplane questions and learned a lot of stuff it would have been hard to find in books.  Luckily we have the internet now and it is getting better all the time.
Jim