Tonight's Dumb Idea...

EHaury at aol.com EHaury at aol.com
Thu Feb 19 08:20:36 AKST 2004

Jim

One of the downsides to retirement is lack of access to neat equipment for
analyzing our toy airplanes. I don't recall the spectrum in the aforementioned
measurements, except that high amplitudes were at pretty low freqs, so Jerry
may be correct.

After experiencing high servo current draw with an engine upgrade (4s) on a
popular mount, I measured vibes with an accelerometer mounted to the aileron
servo rails in a couple of different planes (geometric). Scary amounts of
shaking going on there, installed one of Merle's mounts and things quieted down. I
didn't see much need to continue measurements after the mount switch. I agree
that there won't be much need with electrics either, but there may be insidious
things pop up from the high rpm of the motor / gear train that will buzz
something that we use.

Earl