Tonight's Dumb Idea...

EHaury at aol.com EHaury at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 19:20:42 AKST 2004

I gave this notion some thought a few years ago and even drew up an aluminum
mount to position the servo close to the engine centerline so as to minimize
the (vibratory) moment arm. (Behind the back cover, below the carb on a YS120.)
With no way of knowing just what servo component might reach resonance or
overheat, and expecting that the motor was most likely area for failure, I decide
not to try it. I've since seen some servos where the wiring between the
circuit board and the motor is a pretty stiff 3 strand wire that likely wouldn't
like much vibration either. As some have done this with success, I probably over
analyzed it. Go for it Bob, we're watching.

Earl