Central Hobbies Service A++

W. Eddie Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Wed Feb 11 10:09:37 AKST 2004

I just wanted to take a moment and compliment Central Hobbies on customer service that IMHO rates A++.  All too often all you hear/read about is problems and failures.

On Jan 29 thursday,I placed an order for some retract struts and asked for overnite shipping, hoping to get them and be able to fly over the weekend.
Come Friday and no delivery, I called and spoke to Vaughn (person who originally took the order). He gave me the tracking # and I looked at Fedex.com. Well they showed it arriving in Houston at 4:30AM, so I called Central back. Vaughn turned my problem over to Mandy and she contacted FedEx, who informed her it was hung up in Memphis due to weather.
They made every effort to deliver the package on Saturday. Mandy called me on Saturday to let me know it would not make it and that I would receive a credit for the shipping charge.  I received the package on Monday.

A vendor nor a carrier can NOT control the weather. This was an unfortunate incident(for me).

But the vendor (Central) deserves commendation for following up on the problem and contacting me with an update and the reason for the failure to deliver  AND for the credit of the charges.

I just wanted to share this and say thanks publicly for Mandy (Central Hobbies) taking the time to care.

Eddie