Voltage Regulator

David Lockhart DaveL322 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 9 15:28:00 AKST 2004

I've been running 5 cell NiCd and NiMH without regulators since 1990 on JR
servos.  Rarely any problems with servo buzzing - and then it is usually a
well used 8411 rudder servo that starts "dancing" on center.  I've also had
some newer 8411s "dance" on rudder, changing the cable tension usually fixes
it right up.

For current consumption, I've been seeing about 200 mah per flight (FAI
sequence + 4-6 more manuevers) using 2x9411s, 8417, 8411, 3421, and whatever
current the EFI module uses on the OS140.  If the current consumption
increases, it is normally because of geartrain slop resulting in the servo
constantly "buzzing" to find center.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart, Team JR
DaveL322 at comcast.net