Servos

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Wed Feb 4 08:00:28 AKST 2004

Bill,

 I have a spread sheet that has all the specs. Some of the Servos are no longer available from the old days. It shows a comparison on the specs as the servos evolved....but I can send you the sheet offlist as a reference.

Central might have some of the 9411SA's in stock as an actual part number from the factory..... I have not checked with them in a few weeks....but They usually get this kind of stuff right way. I know the 9411SA as a day one servo is out in hobby shops. It's a cool deal with the servos about $5 cheaper and no work to convert them day 1. Also the 3421SA's have been around for a couple months I think.

Another note for all you guys with worn 9411 gears. JR service will replace the gears for at N/C if they are sloppy due to normal use. You might ask about converting to the SA for you. They are already sticking gears in it...and the result would be a less expensive gear change for them. I don't know the rules they have to follow....but it never hurts to ask. I have found the techs to be more than willing to serve your needs.

By the way I am using standard 9411's in my Flashdance on the elevators. The reason is the huge 3D surfaces. The stock gears work fine...they just develop a little more slop quicker than the nylon converts. I was concerned about a really hard wall or Pop up and these huge elevator surfaces driving the servo instead of the other way around.

I would be happy to write up something for the KF regarding the conversions many of us are doing.

Troy