equipment question prophecy

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 18:16:38 AKST 2004

Tim,
I don't use a pump on my 160 so I can't help you there.  Simple topper tank
arrangement works fine when a CG mounted main tank is needed. Just like the
heli guys have used for 10 years or more. Go to the Piedmont site or the
RCAIRBOB site for details

On the pipe question, there are several offerings that will work. The key
here is the distance between the exhaust flange of the engine and the reflector
baffle in the pipe. This distance should be around 24" typical for a couple of
the pipes (Macs and Hatori). I have personally used the Hatori, Macs 1092, and
the Greve. There are others also, like the carbon fiber Ed Scorpa, and Bolly.
It kinda depends on the amount of bucks you wanta spend. Composite usually
means expensive except the Hatori aluminum pipe has gotten pretty pricey also.
The Greve is around 120 and the Macs is around 70

On headers, the Karl Mueller return-to-center type is the better of the two
offered. For a straight side exhaust type, Macs offers these and they are cheap

On the battery questions, I use NiMH batteries from Radical RC. The 1650 ma
airborne packs are fast chargeable on the way to the field (but the first 2-3
cycles should be slow charge cycles to start the battery life, with your
regular slow charger that comes with the radio) and are rather inexpensive at 14$ a
pack plus 1 for shipping. www.radicalrc.com. Actually, you should go to the
site regardless and read up on care & feeding of these battery types. It's
worthwhile reading

Good luck

Matt K