Next revolution in pattern planes?

Fletcher, Richard Richard.Fletcher at gs.com
Fri Dec 31 18:36:52 AKST 2004

I heard that Prettner felt that he needed to lower the stab to get it out of
the wing's wake and did not want to cut it out and reinstall it so simply
cut the two halves off and glued them back on at a downward angle. I built
and flew Hobby Barn glass fuse, foam wing Curare back then when I was just
getting started in Sportsman. I thought the anhedral stabs looked very cool.
I also heard that these planes had tracking problems in crosswinds because
the stabs presented more side area to the wind which caused the tail to
bounce around more.

Thanks, Rich