Participation

William C. Harden flyinbill1 at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 30 05:08:13 AKST 2004

Oh, come on Jim.  You can tell me.

Buddy Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]
On Behalf Of Jim Ivey
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 10:28 PM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: Re: Re: Participation

Ed
 It's all fun ain't it.
i have a new SPA plane and I ain't tellin' what it is. See ya on the
trail.

Jim Ivey

> From: "Ed Hartley" <roho2 at rcpattern.com>
> Date: 2004/12/29 Wed PM 10:55:40 EST
> To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: Re: Participation
>
> Hi Nat,
>
> Well I ain't ready to give it up yet!! Last year was bad with the eye
trouble. I only went to one contest in Cullman and wore a patch over my
right eye. Came in a well deserved last! That's all resolved now as I am
a one eyed pilot for all practical purposes and don't even have to wear
the patch.

> My recent flights consists of flying twenty-five Masters avalanche
maneuvers in a row. Getting better at it. Not good just better! The
fellowship is to good to quit, lots of nice folks still showing up.

> I do think we should stop letting the tail wag the dog! I never was
good enough to be competitive in F.A. I. as Jason, Chip, Don S and the
other top folks are. However, they could do it with a Senior Falcon and
they didn't have to learn how in AMA...... (For you young folks, a
Senior Falcon is a very old Goldberg trainer!) A lot of others fall into
my category and could care less about using AMA to move to F.A.I.. I did
enjoy flying F.A.I. when the pattern was such I could get through it.
<g> I beat Tony Stillman a couple of times in Nashville, YS of course
his engine quit in both cases! <vbg>

> I think if we made all the classes a bit easier where someone could be
really competitive in the lower classes without a two meter power house,
We would attract more folks! I know there are rare exceptions to this
rule. All I get from my hundred-thirty plus club members with a couple
of exceptions is, I just can't afford the stuff you use so I ain't
gonna.

> Anyway, fun stirring up the mud!
>
> Ed

ought to go back to playing cards, VBG ?

12/28/2004