D'Best building jigs

Archie Stafford rcpattern at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 10:55:46 AKST 2004

I have no issues if one judge scores a maneuver a 0, which the others may
score it a 9 or so.  The problem is getting all the judges to look for the
same things.  There will always be discrepancies in the scores.  This is a
subjective matter.  When we run into problems is when the rules are
interpreted multiple ways for the same maneuver.  Unfortunately we could add
30 pages to the rule book, just on the definition of snaps, and we'd still
be having this discussion.  I'm not sure there is a good way to clarify the
rules so that everyone looks for the same things.  The frustrating ones as a
pilot are when you ask afterwards, and you have a judge say "yes, I saw it
break, but it was not enough of a break," and that was from a judge that was
up for consideration for being the judge that we send to France next year.
To me that is like saying, "yes, you did a 4 point roll, but you did not
stop long enough at each point."  When there is nothing in the rules stating
how long the pause has to be.