[SPAM] Re: Displacement during snap rolls (was Why is it so quiet?)

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed Dec 29 10:05:20 AKST 2004

In a message dated 12/29/2004 1:55:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rcaerobob at cox.net writes:

This is  another example of the intent of a thread wandering far afoot....as
the  original questioner, I'd like to refocus my point.
Simply put - according  to our CURRENT rules, there is NOT a downgrade
criterion for offsetting of the  track during a snap maneuver.
I understand the "more skillful" guy  should get a point reward (by not
getting a downgrade that others may  receive), but my point is ----
What is the rule basis for the  downgrade?
And since I'm specifically talking about LATERAL track  offsets, not vertical
or angular, there aren't "general" guidelines to handle  this.
My point being that there SHOULD NOT be a scored difference  between the line
that shifts and the line that doesn't, all other factors  being identical
between the quality of the two snaps.....simply because we  don't have the
criteria identified.

Or am I just being logical  again?

The basis for the downgrade is smoothness and gracefulness, not any other
spelled out criterion. If one looks for a specific, spelled out rule, it does
not exist. Dean threw out half a wing span displacement in pitch or yaw as
acceptable. That's reasonable if not a bit much. Anything more than that is
grounds for downgrade. Not a zero mind you, just downgrade, and in some cases,
severe downgrade that may result in a zero.

MattK