Displacement during snap rolls (was Why is it so quiet?)

Archie Stafford rcpattern at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 06:33:34 AKST 2004

What I was trying to say is that there must be a very definitive break in
pitch must be noticeable to guarantee a good score.  Certain judges were
concentrating more on the break than I think they were the entire maneuver.
I understand that the aircraft does not have to have zero lift to stall.
Once again we come back to what is a snap and what is not.  I don’t know
how, but we will always have these discussions as long we have varying
opinions of what is a snap and what is not.  It is one of those maneuvers
that is very commonly scored a 9, 9 ½, and a 0.  The question is now
figuring out which scores are right and which ones are wrong and how to get
rid of the gap between the judges and to help the pilots to know exactly
what everyone is looking for.

  _____