Displacement during snap rolls (was Why is it so quiet?)

rcaerobob at cox.net rcaerobob at cox.net
Wed Dec 29 06:19:38 AKST 2004

Stall speed is not a function of influence of track/gravity/airspeed.  Stall is generated by relative AOA changes which turbulates and destroys lift of the primary airfoil.  Can happen at ANY speed....all you have to do is exceed the "safe" angle of the airfoil for that speed.  Downline snaps actually are the ones that seem to break more easily, at least in my observations.

> From: "Karl G. Mueller" <kgamueller at rogers.com>
> Date: 2004/12/29 Wed AM 10:17:48 EST
> To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: Re: Displacement during snap rolls (was Why is it so quiet?)
>
> All,
>

> I have a question on the aircraft to be in a "stalled condition during a snap roll":
> How do you get the airplane into a stalled condition on a vertical downline snap?
>
> Karl G. Mueller
> kgamueller at rogers.com

Bob Pastorello, El Reno, OK, USA
rcaerobob at cox.net