plumbing for Perry Pump setup

richard.lewis richard.lewis at idmcontrols.com
Mon Dec 27 05:34:11 AKST 2004

Randy,

Yes, D&T the backplate to supply power to the pump.  If using an OS160,
there is a neat fitting available from OS that replaces one of the backplate
screws and provides a pressure tap.  It requires drilling into the bottom of
one of the backplate screw holes, but is a really slick installation.

I use a three line setup.  One line with a clunk that goes to the pump.
Second line with no clunk pointed into the bottom rear of the tank for
fueling.  Third line for the vent/overflow.   You cannot fuel/de-fuel
through the pump, and if you put a T behind the pump, you will force fuel
through the pump while fueling.  So, the three line makes the most sense so
that you don't have to disconnect a fuel line for fueling.

The vent/overflow simply gets routed to the exterior of the plane.  The VP30
does not use a pressurized tank.

Richard