YS 160DZ

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Dec 23 10:31:38 AKST 2004

Heck, I kept thinking "clothespin" but thought I might be laughed out of the pits at a contest. (Not that it hasn't happened before)  :-) I guess I could always paint it to match the plane, engrave my name on it, that would be ok. And polish the spring so it matches my spinner!

Reminds me of NASA spending a million dollars coming up with a pen that would write in zero gravity. Every decent engineer MUST use a pen to write notes. The Russians -- they simply used pencils. HEATHENS! :-0

Bob Richards.

Tom Simes <nsrca at shinymetalass.com> wrote:
One of the guys I fly SCCA combat with came up with a simple solution of
just bending and silver soldering some music wire into a shape like
this:

_____
\ |
\ |
| |
| |
|_|

Works great on my SPAD Gnat - not fancy, but cheap, light, durable and
easy. Hmmm, that cheap part might exclude it from pattern use....
Maybe if it were gold or platinum plated, or if it were hand layed
carbon....

--
Tom

| , | Tom Simes