YS 160DZ

Tom Simes nsrca at shinymetalass.com
Thu Dec 23 08:53:33 AKST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:46:30 -0500
"John Ferrell" <johnferrell at earthlink.net> wrote:

> YS 160DZThe heli guys use a small disk of plastic with a slot joining
> a hole about the size of a dime that is a neat shut off. Sorry, I
> don't know where to find them!

One of the guys I fly SCCA combat with came up with a simple solution of
just bending and silver soldering some music wire into a shape like
this:

   _____
   \   |
    \  |
     | |
     | |
     |_|

Works great on my SPAD Gnat - not fancy, but cheap, light, durable and
easy.  Hmmm, that cheap part might exclude it from pattern use....
Maybe if it were gold or platinum plated, or if it were hand layed
carbon....

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes