YS 160DZ

Tony Quist quist23 at cox.net
Wed Dec 22 19:31:24 AKST 2004

I believe it is ksj

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]
On Behalf Of Troy A. Newman
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 8:28 PM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: Re: YS 160DZ

Yes Jaz they work well also.

I know that K+S makes them for Heli use. These are excellent but I have
not found a really good source for them. I have a handful of them.  They
are better than the hemos.

I just came up with a solution that works and have stuck with it. It
works great and I never have had flooding problems....It makes it a plug
and play situation. I know Tettra makes a "ball" valve that can be
closed. T-Bone uses this and others too. I have not tried one as the
results if it fails are a pain. Its almost impossible to have a fuel
plug fail The worst thing is in 4 years of using this setup...I now have
3 fuel dot sockets that are missing the plugs. One plug is at Triple
Tree I'm sure eaten up by the mower by now. One plug is at a NATS
practice site " Cocamo" or something like that. And another was lost in
California at a contest. I usually toss the fuel plug "dot" into my
pocket and upon landing re-install it.  This keeps me honest and I don't
loose them.

Granted the type of Hemos you choose will make a difference. I had my
lovely wife get some good ones from the hospital and they won't damage
the fuel lines either. I think they are Vascular clamps not
positive....But regardless The plug in the line is better in my opinion.
I tried the clamps and was always banging them against the side of the
model. The plastic keepers as Jason points out work well also...

I just found something I really like and use it.

Troy