YS 160DZ

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Wed Dec 22 19:29:20 AKST 2004

YS 160DZYes Jaz they work well also.

I know that K+S makes them for Heli use. These are excellent but I have not found a really good source for them. I have a handful of them.  They are better than the hemos.

I just came up with a solution that works and have stuck with it. It works great and I never have had flooding problems....It makes it a plug and play situation. I know Tettra makes a "ball" valve that can be closed. T-Bone uses this and others too. I have not tried one as the results if it fails are a pain. Its almost impossible to have a fuel plug fail The worst thing is in 4 years of using this setup...I now have 3 fuel dot sockets that are missing the plugs. One plug is at Triple Tree I'm sure eaten up by the mower by now. One plug is at a NATS practice site " Cocamo" or something like that. And another was lost in California at a contest. I usually toss the fuel plug "dot" into my pocket and upon landing re-install it.  This keeps me honest and I don't loose them.

Granted the type of Hemos you choose will make a difference. I had my lovely wife get some good ones from the hospital and they won't damage the fuel lines either. I think they are Vascular clamps not positive....But regardless The plug in the line is better in my opinion. I tried the clamps and was always banging them against the side of the model. The plastic keepers as Jason points out work well also...

I just found something I really like and use it.

Troy