fiberglass mesh in foam wings

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Dec 21 13:00:41 AKST 2004

Carbon Fiber mat or veil, in substantial weight rating, will absorb a great
deal of glue. The only reasonable way to do a carbon veiled wing is as Jerry
suggests, to roll out practically all the glue and vacuum bag it.

Be that as it may, in my experience it is an unecessary weight addition.
Sure it adds stiffness but for what purpose? These models are not jets or racers
that need to be strong at 200+mph. A little more flexibility in the wing is
not a bad thing for pattern models. The trick is knowing when the nice
balance in properties has been reached.

MattK

In a message dated 12/21/2004 3:48:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,