Ballots

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 18 20:56:49 AKST 2004

Ed,

We (the NSRCA board) originally decided to send out the ballots with the
membership renewal cards.  Someone pointed out to us that we needed to
ensure that the ballots were to processed according to the by-laws which
meant that we had to find a 3rd party to verify the ballots after voting and
this caused a delay of a week.  If we delay the election timeline a week
then we are in violation of the by-laws.  The ballots should've been in
everyone's hands the end of November but only ended being mailed the
beginning of December.  I am sure we can get you a new ballot and have it
mailed to the accountant before 12/31... I will do my darndest to see that
happens to anyone that did not receive a ballot (provided we know about
them).  My only concern is that someone that is a little devious can work
the system and mail in a ballot without their name on it and then request a
new ballot be mailed to them and they can essentially vote twice.  How can
we possibly verify that?  If we are to be correct in this then any ballot
that we receive that does not have a name associated with it should not be
counted, don't you think?

Help me (us) out here... we'll come up with a solution to your problem and
if we can not get you a ballot in time then we'll cross that bridge when the
time comes, but at least lets try to get you one in time.

  _____