Perry carb

Nat Penton natpenton at centurytel.net
Sun Dec 12 19:21:13 AKST 2004

Randy I ran the Perry carb extensively because I wanted to experiment with a low heat conductive case to provide a lower temp differential between the case and the barrell. With the all aluminum carb the barrell stays very cold and the case is subject to ambient warming, causing some loss of seal. This is part of the reason you come in with a different idle setting than you took off.

Junk the Perry, not worth the hassle. Use the Dremel and cut the needle assy off of the OS backplate. Leave all the "handle" possible and bolt it to the FW with two 2/56 bolts. The OS is a great carb. If you want you can insulate the carb with liquid vinyl and microbaloons.