Digital / standare Servo question

Ed Miller edbon85 at charter.net
Mon Dec 6 12:04:08 AKST 2004

The Futaba 9202 is a great all around general purpose servo. I have and
still use them. My Elan has one on the elevator with nearly 400 flights. In
one plane ( Hanson Dalotel ) I went from 9202's to 9252's in the elevator
and ailerons and noticed a positive improvement. The 9252's are faster and
much stronger on center than the 9202's. The 9303's are heavy as they have
brass gears, the gears also wear quickly so I'd avoid them. Currently I use
9151's on rudder, 9252's on elevator and either 9252's on ailerons or the
low profile 9550 on aileron's with success.
Biggest plus's I can see to the digitals are the centering, speed and
strength around neutral over the standard coreless servos. I expected a high
higher current drain with the digitals I use, 9252's, 9550 and 9151's but
although they use more current, it has not been an issue.
Ed M.