[SPAM] Re: OS 160FX setup

Tom Simes nsrca at shinymetalass.com
Thu Dec 2 08:36:42 AKST 2004

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:22:05 +0000
randy10926 at comcast.net wrote:

> I have no idea where or how to get pipe pressure off a greeve pipe.  I
> read somewhere that another option is to get pipe pressure off the
> header.  But there ain't any way I am going to touch my custom hand
> made header with a drill bit.  Was thinking of mounting it over the
> fireplace anyway.

In general, when tapping an exaust system to pressurize a tank, you want
to place the tap where the velocity is lowest and therfore the pressure
is highest.  That's why folks usually recommend tapping a tuned pipe at
it's apex.

http://www.macspro.com/pressure.asp

I've seen references to tapping the header mounting flange, but usually
that's for spraying smoke fluid in IMAC planes where the goal is to
get the fluid introduced into the exaust system early for max expansion
and in a hot spot.

--
Tom

       |  ,  |               Tom Simes