[SPAM] Re: OS 160FX setup

randy10926 at comcast.net randy10926 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 2 08:22:25 AKST 2004

I have no idea where or how to get pipe pressure off a greeve pipe.  I read somewhere that another option is to get pipe pressure off the header.  But there ain't any way I am going to touch my custom hand made header with a drill bit.  Was thinking of mounting it over the fireplace anyway.

I really like the hopper tank as a straight forward solution.  With no moving parts it must be very reliable.  It would be very easy for me to modify the battery holder just behind the firewall that I have now, over to a hopper tank holder.  I have to move the battery back anyway to balance out the swap to an OS160 from a Webra145.

Randy

There's absolutely no trick to the topper tank arrangement Wayne has referred to. It is simple set-up and works as well as any pump set-up on the OS160 sport engine. I have been using a 16 oz over the cg (standard tank, not bladder) and a 4 oz behind the firewall for several years in a 12 pounder.

The plumbing is simple as follows: pipe pressure to main tank vent; main tank feed to topper tank vent; topper tank feed to carb.

MattK