MK Clevises

Dieter Rozek rozekd at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 30 21:09:35 AKDT 2004

I just purchases a set of MK Clevises rated as 3mm or (4-40).  The
problem is that the hole on these is larger than a Du-Bro 4-40 coupler,
it slides in and out
without grabbing onto the thread.  Does anyone know a source for 3mm
couplers or if not anyone have an idea on how I could make this work.
I don't want
to epoxy the coupler in because I want to be able to adjust the length.
  I'm contemplating adding vaseline around the threads of the coupler
then putting KB weld epoxy
inside the hole and then inserting the threaded coupler.  I'm hoping
that after the KB Weld epoxy hardens I'll be able to unscrew the
coupler.  I'm still hesitant in doing
this as I don't want this to come apart in the air.

Thanks

Dieter