150cc engine header question

Fletcher, Richard Richard.Fletcher at gs.com
Fri Aug 27 06:31:42 AKDT 2004

Guys,

    I have a brand new set of aluminum headers for my 3W 150 that I do not
need. A buddy has a DA 150 and could use them but the flanges must be cut
off and welded back on at the proper angle since the DA flanges are 90
degrees to the header pipes and the 3W's flanges are at something like a 45
degree angle. If the flanges are cut off and helix arced back on will the
headers have enough strength, or will they not last and break? Also, if
anyone on the list does heli arc welding or knows where I can send, them
please let me know.

Thanks, Rich