NMP 7.4v 2Amp Battery Packs

JOddino JOddino at socal.rr.com
Wed Aug 25 09:05:01 AKDT 2004

Dieter,
You can charge this pack with any good Li-Ion charger.  Limit the charge
current to 2 Amps and make sure the voltage doesn't exceed 8.4 volts.  One
advantage of the NMP charger is you can watch the progress of the charge
process.  After using it you will know fairly well what the state of charge
is by reading the charge current.  So it could serve as a battery tester
also.
This size pack is more than adequate in a pattern plane.  I've been running
them for two years.  Servos have a peak current of over 2 Amps for a few
milliseconds when they start but the current quickly drops once the servo
starts moving.   However, if your servos are buzzing they are continuously
starting and stopping and the current can be quite high.
Jim