Nat the Fin Man...

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 19:00:01 AKDT 2004

Hey Nat, I flew my Aries with retracts today in extremely turbulent air. As my plane was bouncing around like crazy I started thinking about you and your fins and began to wonder if my other Aries with fixed gear would handle the turbulence any better.  In all the discussion about fixed gear vs. retracts I've never heard this aspect brought up. My fixed gear is the Bolly Wide which is pretty big and has an airfoil shape.

What are your thoughts about the stabilizing effect, if any, of airfoil shaped gear?

Keith