Some Diagrams & Judging video

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 15:21:55 AKDT 2004

Hey Andre.  Hope all is well up North.

I agree, but my point is not what the rules call for, but more what is looked for at contests.  I used to try to fly accurate 45 degree angles only to get low scores.  As soon as I increased the angle to 53 or so(more than 45) the scores went up significantly.  Again, what actually is a true 45, especially when the horizon is angled, tree lines and other frames of reference can skew what is perceived.  again, my opinion.

ed

Andre Bouchard <akfai at gci.net> wrote:
Emphasizing what Steve Maxwell has said, true geometry must be flown at all times because....the rules do not say: pull to what will appear to the judge to be a 45 degree line;" they say "pull to a 45 degree line," meaning a real 45 degree line, etc.

Regards,

Andre' Bouchard