Hatori wrpa-around header for OS 1.60

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Fri Aug 20 13:03:55 AKDT 2004

Ed:
Just a suggestion, but:  When I was building full-size racing engines,
we were sometimes able to achieve a greater airflow/velocity by a
mismatch similar to what you have.  We would take a $3000 pair of
aluminum heads as a starting point, and take the huge, round exhaust
ports and weld them in a kind of a tilted "D" shape, cutting the area in
half. This treatment upped the Horsepower and Torque, as measured on a
dynamometer.  Also worked great out on the race course. (We weren't
racing dynamometers, back then! ;-) )
My suggestion would be to Tach the engine before rejecting the part as
unacceptable.  You might be pleasantly surprised.  Or unpleasantly, too,
but you will have learned something.

Bill Glaze