JR 8417 vs 9411

Dieter Rozek rozekd at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 20 07:56:09 AKDT 2004

I'm in the process of building a Temptation and I just ordered the
servos.  I was having a hard time finding an 8417 to use for my
elevator so instead of this I ordered a 9411 in it's place.  Now
perhaps I'm missing something but what exactly is the difference
between these two.  According to the specs the torque is roughly the
same and the 8417 is only .05 seconds faster.  Is this speed difference
noticeable and if not why would someone buy the 8417 over the 9411 when
the 9411 is lighter, smaller and costs less?  BTW, is anyone else
having a difficult time finding things on Horizon Hobbies' website, it
seems to be unnecessarily complicated?

Thanks

Dieter