email scam artists

Legend5rc at aol.com Legend5rc at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 20:17:37 AKDT 2004

There seems to be no recourse.  I have a friend trying to sell a 24 ft boat.
He got the same I'll send you a check for more, you send me cash.....  He
played along and received a check hoping he could turn it in to federal
authorities.  It was a forged Bank of America check, or some other national bank, I
can't remember.  Neither the bank nor the federal authorities were interested.
The gov has to many life threatening things to take care of right now.  Too
bad.  I wonder if Tony Soprano, or Tanya Harding, for that matter, are
available?????