Fuel foaming

richard.lewis richard.lewis at idmcontrols.com
Fri Aug 13 13:07:51 AKDT 2004

Using a Du-bro sintered brass clunk can eliminate bubbles from foaming fuel
in the carb line in installations where foaming can't be otherwise
controlled.  I had one of those Airmadillo plastic and aluminum trainers and
the tank was hard mounted the aluminum frame..yikes.  Couldn't get through
half a tank without leaning out on foam/bubbles and dying.  I tried the
armor-all thing, and it didn't seem to help.  Added the sintered brass clunk
and then I could run it dry without the foam affecting the fuel feed.  You
must be careful though, it is not recommended to fill the tank through the
sintered brass clunk, because it is a filter and traps dirt on the inside to
be sucked into the carb later while the engine is running.

Richard