Fuel foaming

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Fri Aug 13 12:58:46 AKDT 2004

--On Friday, August 13, 2004 4:53 PM -0400 "Fletcher, Richard" <Richard.Fletcher at gs.com> wrote:

> I have heard that adding a capful of Armorall to a gallon of fuel
> eliminates all fuel foaming.

The most I've ever heard of--or used--is a few drops per gallon.
I used to do it for hard-mounted tanks.

Clarence Lee warns against it for fear of having the silicon
in the Armorall get burned onto the piston and liner.  He talks
about having to chisel silicon out of a motorcycle after
experimenting with some silcon-based oil.

I stopped doing it years ago for no particular reason.  I'd try
it again if I thought I was having otherwise insoluble foaming
troubles.

							Marty #2359