hopper

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Thu Aug 12 21:30:18 AKDT 2004

>Matt,
>With or without the hopper tank we still have a solid column of
>incompressible fluid for gravity and G's to play its tricks on.  I
>contend if it runs ok with the hopper it will run just as well
>without.                     Nat

Nat,

While not exactly accurate as stated, your point is well taken.  Your
hypothesis has some merit when the tank is full, but it falls short
anytime else (which is most of the flight).  Adding just a small
amount of air causes the system to become compressible (just like the
brakes on your car).

Jerry
--
Jerry Budd