OS 160 muffler pressure

rcaerobob at cox.net rcaerobob at cox.net
Wed Aug 11 09:21:19 AKDT 2004

Art Wagner, FAI, Texas flier, has the 1.60 setup with pressure only to a bladder MK tank, mounted right behind firewall.  He reports excellent and consistent performance.

Key is tank as close a practicable, and ON the centerline of the spraybar in the carb.  THAT is of utmost importance.  Also, use of the bladder tank ensures a relatively constant pressure on the fuel head than the traditional tank, IMHO.  It seems to be working for him.

He does not monitor the list, and I do not have an email for him.

Bob P.

> From: "Fletcher, Richard" <Richard.Fletcher at gs.com>
> Date: 2004/08/11 Wed AM 11:21:27 EDT
> To: "'discussion at nsrca.org'" <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: OS 160 muffler pressure
>
> Has anyone tried to simply run this engine using pipe pressure? Back in the
> 80's before we started using YS 60s all of us simply used pipe pressure. It
> did require placing the tank behind the firewall. It may be worth trying for
> a flight or two to see it the engine develops enough pressure to work. It
> would simplify matters considerably.
>

> Thanks, Rich
> and follow the instructions.

Bob Pastorello, El Reno, OK, USA