PACSS Software Update

dbennett at oreillyauto.com dbennett at oreillyauto.com
Tue Aug 10 14:50:22 AKDT 2004

Another update to the system is available on the web site -
http://home.comcast.net/~pac-ss/.

This update includes a few fixes identified at the Temple Contest. The
major change in the release is that the system now allows alphanumeric AMA
numbers. This was a fairly significant change so if you see any strange
behavior please let me know.

Also, something that was discovered at the Temple contest was that the 45
Down Snap in Advanced has the wrong K-factor, 2 instead of 4. This has been
fixed in the data files that come with the full version of the system. If
you're just downloading the "Software Update" you need to go into both the
"Maneuver" and "Schedule" maintenance functions and update the appropriate
maneuver

So far it has been used at 3 contests that I'm aware of (Pawnee Rock,
Pensacola, and Temple) without any major problems. If you are using the
software I would greatly appreciate if you would register it with me. I am
going to start sending these update messages to registered users ONLY. The
use of this software is FREE, so why not register? I will continue to fix
problem as quickly as I can.

Gene Maurice

gene.maurice at comcast.net

Plano, TX